STEP 1: Have you picked your colour?
Option A: Buy our pre-mixed Chalk Style Paint
Please have a look at all our colours available.
Found what you’re looking for?
Remember the name of that colour, so you can select it later on from the list.
Option B: Make your own Chalk-Style Paint
PIY Paint Chalk Powder can turn any water based latex paint into rich, creamy PIY furniture paint!
Keep in mind: the better quality base, the better product you will have.
Why choose PIY Paint Chalk Powder?
- Very economical! It’s a cheaper than buying pre-mixed furniture paint.
- You can buy any water-based paint in any colour from any paint store.
Talk about possibilities!
- 1 jar of PIY Paint Chalk Powder will make about 1 gallon of furniture paint!
STEP 2: How much paint?
This is what you will approximately need:
- 8 OZ. Perfect for a smaller project like a chair or small side table.
- 16 OZ. Usually more than enough to complete a decent size piece of furniture.
- 1/4 GALLON. Will cover several pieces of furniture. (approx. 150 square feet)
STEP 3: Paste wax or Sealer?
We advise you to add a finishing layer to your project. You have 3 options:
- Paste wax (to keep that rustique chalky finish)
- Sealer (for counter tops or bathrooms)
- PIY Complete: We also offer PIY paint already mixed in with a sealer (available in the paint category)
STEP 4: Would you like to add a transfer image or use stencils to your project?
If you are looking for a nice transfer or stencil to take your project to the next level, we have a wide selection of transfer sheets and transfer gel. – currently being created –